Higher National Diploma in Mine Ventilation & Environmental Engineering
- Higher National Diploma in Mine Ventilation & Environmental Engineering
This course provides in depth coverage of pressure, volume and temperature measurement, and design, auxiliary, production and fixed plant ventilation for hardrock and coal mining. It is designed to provide practicing Mine Ventilation professionals with comprehensive and more advanced training on mine ventilation operations, planning and design as an integral part of mine production. Recognizing the importance of mine ventilation to the industry, our mining department runs this course to provide mine ventilation professionals with a deeper understanding of the design principles with which to evaluate mines and design mine ventilation and cooling systems from the early pre-feasibility stages of the mining projects right through to the commissioning point of the project.
This course meets the education requirements of the HEXCO Higher National Diploma for certification for Higher National Diploma in Mine Ventilation & Environmental Engineering. A Higher National Diploma certificate will be awarded on successful completion of the course.
After completing the course students should be able to:
- Describe and apply the principles of fluid flow to ventilation systems
- Describe and apply fan behaviour laws to ventilation systems
- Design and develop a ventilation system for a mine
- Describe environmental hazards found in mines and outline the ventilation control measures that detect, monitor, minimise and/or manage these hazards
- Demonstrate awareness of the legislative requirements that may apply to the provision of ventilation in a mine
- Mine Ventilation Officer
- Ventilation Engineer