Higher National Diploma in Mine Survey
- Higher National Diploma in Mine Survey
Mine Surveying is a specialist area of the mining process. Mine surveyors measure underground and open-cut mines in detail, helping mining companies locate new mines safely. Engineering surveyors work on construction and infrastructure projects to ensure challenging building specifications are met. This advanced qualification reflects the role of surveyors.
Zimbabwe School of Mines offers the only comprehensive Higher National Diploma in mine survey in Southern Africa. In this course, you will develop advanced skills in marking out, measuring and maintaining direction for all surface and underground workings on a mine site. You’ll also learn how to prepare and update mine surveying plans for open-pit and underground operations.
This course prepares you with the appropriate practical experience for operational management as a mine surveyor.
At the conclusion of this course, students will be credited with a HEXCO National Diploma as testimony of their hard work and acquired skills gained during their learning experience.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Apply mining and engineering surveying concepts and methods to surveying applications
- Generate innovative solutions and apply logical and rational processes to analyse mining and engineering surveying problems
- Access, evaluate and generate spatial and related information from multiple sources
- Communicate knowledge,skills and ideas in ways appropriate to the discipline of mine surveying
- Use appropriate technologies, recognising their advantages and limitations when applying to mine surveying
- Independently and responsibly identify and engage in, opportunities for ongoing professional learning related to mine and engineering surveying
- Apply best practice standards in mine surveying data
- Work ethically and professionally, both within a team and independently
- Mining surveyor
- Engineering surveyor